There is personal protective equipment that helps to improve motorcycle safety like helmets and protective clothing. Protective clothing may include certain types of jackets, gloves, boots, and pants. While helmets are the number one priority, the next would be the motorcycle jackets.
A jacket is an іmроrtаnt piece of the outfit for all motorcycle riders since it protects the rider from all weather. Riding on a snowy or hot day requires some tricks to make the ride enjoyable, and of course, to make the rider safe. Weather changes can affect condition or the health of a rider. When he suddenly gets cold, it may influence his concentration, and it can lead him into an accident. A jacket can also make the rider more visible to other motorists, especially at nights.
Why do you need a motorcycle jacket?
It’s not only to look impressive but also for safety purposes. You may think that when it comes to motorcycle safety gear that the helmet is the most important. However, you need to consider other safety gear as well. Let me tell you more about motorcycle jackets. These jackets are not justany regular leather or jacket when you ride. It has functionality and features while you are on a motorcycle that are missing from ordinary garments. It is made to give you more comfort and designed with more safety features to keep the rider intact in any unexpected incidents. Most motorcycle jackets contain armor to protect you from any unwanted impact.
Our Reviews of the Five Top Best Motorcycle Jackets:
I have listed below the best motorcycle jackets of our choice based on users’ experiences, brand, materials used, performance, and features. This information was gathered and compiled to give you honest reviews about the product.
- Outer shell: Polyester 600D Cordura Fabric
- Soft collar with Neoprene lining
- CE armored jacket shoulders, elbows with high density foam back protector
- 100% Waterproof, 4 season Textile Motorcycle Jacket
- Available in four colors(Black, Grey, Blue, Red), Sizes from Small through 5X-Large
- Abrasion resistant and windproof 600 denier polyester high performance fabric
- Removable lining and 5pc EVA protectors
- Contains removable warmth cotton liner, suitable for all season
- Adjustable cuff, collar, hem, improves the range of fit and comfort
- Available in three colors(Black, Red, Blue), Sizes from Medium to XX-Large.
- Cordura 600D polyester resistant to abrasion. Wide mesh panels on the front, back and sleeves
- Removable and adjustable protections with certification C.E. on shoulders and elbows
- Removable compartment on the back with high density foam and Soft collar with neoprene edge
- Reflective panels to be more visible in night driving or in low light
- Available in four colors(Black, Grey, Olive, White), Sizes from Small through 3X-Large
- Full flex system – precision tailored fusion of pliable mesh
- Externally accessible C.E. approved armor in shoulders and elbows
- 6 point SureFit custom adjustment system
- Removable spine armor with pocket for optional C.E. spine armor
- Available in Five colors(Yellow, Black, Red, Orange, Blue), Sizes from Small through 3X-Large
- Reflective White Tape for Visibility
- Waterproof Outer Shell with Removable Thermal Quilted Liner for Winter Use
- Removable C.E. Approved Armor in Spine and Elbows
- Extra External Shoulders Back Chest and Kidney Armor
- Available Sizes from Small to XX-Large.
How to maintain your Motorcycle Jacket
- Hang it up to dry naturally on a wide padded hanger away from any source of heat.
- Regularly treating your motorcycle jacket with a good leather conditioner will help waterproof and protect your leather from the elements. It will save you from having to clean it as often.
- Leather and water do not mix very well. If your motorcycle jacket gets soaked in the rain, allow it to dry naturally away from sources of heat, and then treat with a leather conditioner to maintain flexibility.
How to Clean your Motorcycle Jacket
- Use leather cleaner that has been specially formulated for your type of leather. Choosing the wrong type of leather cleaner or using harsh chemicals will damage or even stain your leather.
- Once you have found the right leather cleaner for your type of leather, start by gently applying with a damp cloth or sponge in a circular motion. Doing this will ensure an even coverage.